Application development projects – whether new initiatives, upgrades or maintenance – continue to be plagued by high failure rates. Outsourcing application delivery can deliver cost savings, promote innovation and facilitate transformation but unless you have appropriate governance and controls in place you can also increase the risk of delivering late and over budget.
The IBM Governance of Application Development Outsourcing (GADO) accelerator combines the power of Focal Point with the IBM Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) suite to help organisations improve visibility, secure better control and reduce risk from the opportunities presented by outsourcing.
Decision Focus have combined forces with IBM to help you adapt the accelerator to meet the needs of your organisation. We are already behind some of the largest deployments of Focal Point and by applying our proven method to the other components of the accelerator we can help you unleash the benefits from the IBM outsource accelerator:
- Establish a collaboration platform during the early stages of solution definition to keep all parties on the same page.
- Bi-directional traceability between Business Strategies, Capabilities, Application, Business Needs and Software requirements to drive effective change management.
- Whole team review/approvals across the development lifecycles to improve communication.
- Work order control mechanism to support incremental work authorization.
- Foster open and transparent relationships which lower the emphasis on the contract and put more focus on desired business outcomes.
- Promote quality by design with collaborative test planning and integrated user acceptance testing.
- Flexible measurements and controls to meet the needs of diverse organizations and cultures.
- Multi-tier Release planning and monitoring facilitating timely adjustments to release roadmaps and plans.