City governments are facing extreme challenges to deliver more with fewer resources. Addressing these challenges requires a new strategic approach to manage the portfolio of initiatives a city government will fund. This can be done with Focal Point for Smarter Cities.
Focal Point for Smarter Cities can help cities make smarter decisions by establishing a collaborative decision process that analyzes new initiatives that best create citizen value and align to the strategies of the city government. Furthermore, it allows the city government to treat these initiatives as ‘investments’ and track the value realization of the portfolio as it is being executed.
About Focal Point for Smarter Cities
- Implement a citizen-centered prioritization and decision-making process incorporates the voice of the citizen and other subjective and objective criteria.
- Helps in optimizing cost-cutting measures with what-if analysis that test the impact of different scenarios.
- Track the benefits realization of initiatives over time and present it in easily to digest dashboards for each stakeholder.
- Focal Point is primarily chosen because it is a simpler, more agile solution than the majority of systems for portfolio management.
- The solution has a unique and fast method for prioritizing projects, where it is very easy to see the trade-off between benefits and cost, e.g. which 20% of our initiatives deliver 80% of the value?
- It is not a huge, monolithic solution that tries to encompass all problems and processes out-of-the-box – but a solution that is easily scalable to the maturity level of the organization.
- The solution is 100% web-based and requires a limited initial investment.